For most of us, search engine optimisation is an important factor in increasing the traffic directed to our websites.
In short, SEO is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results and excludes direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement.
This blog post will break down some tips on SEO so that you can put them into practice and get your website ranking.
- Short URL’s - Use Short URL’s – we recommend between 17 - 20 Character
- Keyword In URL - Use Primary Keyword in your URL – this helps people identify what the page is about.
- Keyword In H1 - Use your keyword in the Headline – H1 Tag – Make sure you use your keyword in headings and sub-headings
- External Links Out - Add external links to authority websites – If it enhances the experience for your users, and as long as they are relevant.
- Internal Links - Add internal links to pages that you want to rank – Look at pages and add internal links.
- Re-optimise Titles – Revisit your under-performing pages ranking on page 1.
- Go Long - Create in-depth articles or long form articles such as pillar pages – Focus on coverage. These pages allow you to talk about everything in depth and giving you a real authority of a subject, then from this you can find related sub-topics that can allow you to create smaller pieces of content around them such as blog posts or videos etc.
- Use “modifiers” in your titles – i.e Best, Top, Buy, 2020 – Find modifiers that have volume.
- Page Speed - Do not have slow loading pages as page speed is important. Page speed is also a ranking factor on mobile too and all has an effect on the user experience. Use Google Page Speed Insights to check speed.
- Improve your UX by improving your UI – The user interface can have a significant impact so improve visual readability – make pages easier to read. Use images, checklists, solid examples and even include a table of contents.
Make it interactive - Include interactive features – share a slide deck, videos, surveys, polls and interactive tools.